To commemorate the 40 years of service to the industry, India ITME Society took a bold step towards opening up new customers for Indian Textile Industry and projecting India as a friendly & feasible sourcing destination for African SMEs, Designers & Entrepreneurs. India ITME Society organized a B2B meeting with women Entrepreneurs from 4 African nations viz. Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda & Kenya on 19th December 2019. Aimed to empower women all across the world, this B2B meeting served as a stepping stone towards India ITME Society’s ‘Women Entrepreneur Initiative’, one of the many value added services introduced by the society for the benefit of the industry and the nation.
African Delegates included respected female entrepreneurs and representatives from Ethiopia, Kenya & Rwanda namely:
- Ms. Egigayehu Haile Girogis (President – Fashion Designers Association)
- Ms. Etsegenet Dessalegn (Owner – ETSUB)
- Ms. Diane Mukasahaha (President – Apparel Manufacturing Group)
- Ms. Rosali Gicanda (Board member – Apparel Manufacturing Group)
- Ms. Uzayisenga Agnés (Managing Director of Great Generation Garments)
- Ms. Umubyeyi Agnés (Owner of Berwa Garment Trading)
- Ms. Kesemire Bahenda Olive (Founder of Gifted Hand Creations)
- Ms. Sarah Kirenga (Vice-Chairperson of Chamber of Women Entrepreneurs)
- Ms. Akinyi E. Odongo (Executive Director – Government Affairs and Private Sector Division, Kenya Fashion Council)
- Ms. Margaret Maingi (Managing Director – Bemuta Agencies Limited)
- Ms. Sue Jean Wanjiru Maingi (Fashion Director of Bemuta Agencies Limited)
What made this event a massive success was the fact that Indian buyers and agents got an opportunity to interact with African Women entrepreneurs under one roof without any registration fees. Indian entrepreneurs explored opportunities in Africa, an untapped market while African delegates sourced raw materials from Indian agents and dealers on mutually beneficial terms and pricing. India ITME Society is proud of its 40 years of service to the Industry and is determined to continue reaching for greater heights with its Women Entrepreneur initiative which aims to encourage, empower and support female entrepreneurs in the textile industry through its events, exhibitions and initiatives.
To know more: Click here